Match Report -
Celtic hit Stourbridge for Six
By Six Yard Sam
Celtic dominated the re-arranged FA Trophy match to cruise into the second round to face Ebbsfleet, the current Trophy holders, at Ebbsfleet.

Andy Smart had a good opening effort well saved by Lewis Solly, before Smart's through ball found Lee Ellington with a bit of space on the penalty spot. Ellington took the ball well, and slotted the ball beyond Solly. Moments later and Terry Barwick offered up another goal of the season with a forty yard screamer that curled in the air with unstoppable speed right into the top corner, leaving Solly applauding.

Stoursbridge looked to get back into the game, when Drew Canavan fired low, only to see Paul Phillips pull of the stop, the ball coming back to Canavan, the second shot deflecting in past the unlucky Phillips. Michael Byrne looked to restore Celtic's two goal cushion with an excellent shot from the corner of the box, but Solly pulled off a superb stop.

Matty Barlow was brought on at the start of the second half, but it was the hosts who had the first effort of the half with a Les Hines free kick headed towards goal, but Nathan Bennett's header failed to trouble Phillips, so it was Celtic who started to dominate, and Ellington's through ball was taken in his stride by substitute Barlow to go one-on-one with Solly, and he slotted the ball under Solly as the Stourbridge keeper advanced.

Some excellent football carved apart the home side, culminating with a twist turn and shot by Steve Torpey from the corner of the box that curled shot that lifted over Solly and put Celtic into three goal lead. Torpey was replaced shortly after by Nicky Platt, with Hines and Bridgwater missing the target for the Glassboys.

Barlow added to his earlier goal when substitutes combined, Greg Wilkinson (on for Ashley Woolliscroft) surged beyond his marker and floated a lovely cross into the box, Barlow emerged from the pack and powered a header past Solly who must have felt like he was at the Alamo. Moments later and Celtic hit Stourbridge for six when Platt found some space inside the box, and side footed home into the bottom corner.

It was a great footballing performance from Celtic, with the score-line reflected the game. Ebbsfleet beat Bognor Regis Town to set up the second round tie, with a first half goal and a second half own goal giving the London side a two goal result. Ebbsfleet used to be Gravesend and Northfleet, a team who we have already beaten in the FA Trophy, 2-0 back in 2002, at their Stonebridge Road ground.